- Mega-deal: Ardian to sell Diana Group
- GCI invests in River’s End Trading
- Lynx Equity acquires Port-Style Enterprises
- KPS to buy Electrical Components International
- Catterton Partners invests $10.5 million in EyeSee360
- AccelPath and Energy Innovative Products to complete merger in next 45 days
Regulatory/Legal News: Last week, the House Financial Services Committee had a hearing on several JOBS Act 2.0 bills, the House Small Business Committee had a hearing on tax problems for small businesses, and new regulations were imposed for crowdfunding. Read Scott Gluck’s full update here.
- Tuesday: Axial Member Breakfast in Boston [Wait list only!]
- Thursday: Ironwood Partners hosts a NYC roundtable on “Developing Differentiated Deal Flow“
- Thursday: Capstone hosts a webinar on “Keys to Integration Success“
- Record private equity pay adds new fuel to old tax debate
- How beneficial are mergers for shareholders?
- PE firms swap BRICs for SE Asia and Africa
- Private equity: A CEO’s best friend
- Private equity helps drive African growth
- When trading equity for cash, balance is everything
This week in history… Metro Pictures, Goldwyn Pictures, and Louis B. Mayer Company are merged by Marcus Loew to form MGM (1924).