When you share information with us, we can make our Services even better by showing you more relevant information and connecting you with others more quickly and easily. As you continue to use our Services, we want you to clearly understand how we are using your information and how you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- And the choices you have to access, share and update information.
What types of information does Axial gather about me?
We collect information in several ways, including:
Information you submit to us.
Information we get from your use of our Services
We may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a certain part of our Site and how you interact with our content. This information includes:
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Axial may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Account.
When you use our Services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our Services, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Axial Account.
- Usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site.
Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
We collect statistical information about how both members and visitors, collectively, use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information is derived from your Personal Information, but this statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser.
How does Axial use my information?
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new ones, and to protect Axial and our users.
We use your Personal Information to process and administer details of your membership, to communicate with you, to provide you with opportunities, and to keep you up to date with new developments at Axial.
We also use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. Axial may contact you using information you voluntarily provide. It’s important for you to understand that:
- Except as set forth herein, we do not share your information with unaffiliated companies for marketing purposes without your prior permission.
- Unless you opt-out, we may share information about you among companies affiliated with us to inform you about additional products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you.
If you contact us for troubleshooting, we may also keep a record of that fact to better serve you and other Axial customers in the future.
Disclosure of Your Information
Business transfers. If we sell our company or any part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, Axial may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Third party disclosures. Axial does not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your information to any third party except as set forth in this policy and as described below:
- In order to administer or process a transaction, product or the services provided by Axial;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulation or legal process;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or security issues;
- To help us improve our services to you, we may engage another business to help us to carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, fulfillment, member service, member satisfaction surveys or other data collection activities relevant to our business.
- We share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
- As stated above, a Payment Processor may collect and store financial information. We may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Additional Limits on Use of Your Google User Data
- Axial Services will only use access to read, write, modify, or control Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- Axial Services will not use this Gmail data for serving advertisements.
- Axial Services will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the App’s internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
Can I opt-out of Axial’s collection and use of information?
Yes, but we require a minimum amount of information from you in order to provide our product and services. By withholding certain information from us, you may limit your ability to use our Services in whole or part.
Security & Information Retention
What risks do I take by sharing information?
Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your personal information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your personal information. We cannot ensure that information you share on our website will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on our website. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password and using up to date antivirus software.
Third Party Sites
What Information of Mine Can I Access?
If you are a member, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Members and visitors can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 902 Broadway, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10010.
How Can I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account.
Changes to This Policy
What should I do if I have more questions?
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your personal information are welcomed and should be addressed to the e-mail address email@example.com.