People love efficiency, and they are drawn to tools that make their lives simpler, smoother, and more productive. We know this at Axial, and that’s why we’re constantly working to make our matching technology more intelligent and on point.
Our latest feature is a step towards our goal of showing you only the most interesting, relevant deals on the network. Here’s how it works:
Next time you go to update your sourcing criteria in a Campaign on Axial, you’ll notice a new section called Filters. Filters let you specify keywords and phrases deals must include to match your Campaign, plus words they must not include.
With Filters, you have an additional layer of control on top of the standard criteria Axial matches against (financials, location, industry, and transaction-type). You can use Filters to:
- Home in on add-ons for one of your platform investments
- Narrow your Campaign’s criteria to match the specificity of your investment thesis (e.g. “commercial,” but not “residential” landscaping opportunities)
- Source acquisitions solely for a single business unit
- Avoid specific situations in an otherwise broad mandate (e.g. nothing “distressed”)
- Tailor advisory criteria to areas in which you have direct experience
…. and more, within reason. Too many Filters can keep you from seeing deals that are great fits, so be sure to reference our best practices before applying them to your Campaigns.
2017 is set to be a busy year for deal-making, so now’s a great time to revisit your sourcing criteria. If you have any questions, thoughts, or feedback, please let us know with a quick email to email@example.com!