Private equity firms received a rare pass this week when the U.S House of Representatives voted to exempt PE firms from the clause in Dodd-Frank requiring firms with more than $150 million AUM to register as investment advisors with the SEC. Many of those in favor of the exemption explained that the “rules of the road for private equity funds are unwarranted and overly burdensome.” While the pass may be good news for PE, the industry is not out of the congressional woodwork yet.
In other news, IPO activity remains strong, Windjammer Capital bought Engineered Controls, and family offices are finding private deals online. And, in honor of Nelson Mandela, here are 18 of his most inspirational quotes.
- Acquiring another small firm? Watch out
- Finding private deals online
- Successfully using mergers for strategic growth
- Private equity fund raising falls, but IPO rush gives sector hope
- What’s at intersection of tech and private equity?
- US House passes bill to exempt PE funds from rules
- Investors look beyond IRR
- Sellers may be more optimistic, but it’s still a buyers market
- Windjammer picks up Engineered Controls
- Shannon Capital refinances Calumet
- Generation Growth Capital acquires Garden & Associates
- Nautic Partners acquires QoL meds
- Great Hill Partners invests in DealerRater
- Golden Gate Capital acquires Safety Technology Holdings from Wynnchurch Captial
- Marlin Equity Partners has acquired Critical Path
- Grey Mountain Partners acquires ATS Systems
- Water Street sells Medical Specialties Distributors to New Mountain Capital
Evolve IP, The Cloud Services Company™, has acquired Paragrid, an Inc. 5000 cloud services company headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. The strategic acquisition is part of Evolve IP’s national expansion plans and complements its current presence in the Midwest market. Read the full release here.
Evolve IP enables decision-makers to migrate all or select IT technologies to its award-winning cloud platform. The company’s combination of security, stability, scalability and lower total cost of ownership makes its services fundamentally superior to outdated legacy systems and other cloud offerings.