Despite the more than $1 trillion in fund reserves, PE managers say they’re doing more sales than buys in 2014. After nearly a decade of long-held portfolio companies, there are roughly 7,500 U.S. companies owned by private equity — and LPs are ready for their returns.
While a flotation was a popular exit strategy for the past six months, the IPO market has become less favorable recently. Other channels — including sponsor-to-sponsor transactions, selling to strategics, or secondary sales — are becoming more popular.
- 5 things to know ahead of the Ares IPO – below expected range.
- KKR seeks to attract investments as small as $10,000
- Private equity for ordinary folks
- Megadeals drive takeover activity past $1 trillion mark for 2014
- Energy M&A hits 10-year high
- Why M&A deals have roared back
- What’s with all the healthcare and pharmaceutical mergers?
- The OECD wants to increase tax on carried interest
- Looking for distressed deals in a low-default environment
- How TXU’s ‘bankrupt’ owners could still win
- VRS VeriClaim to acquire Ellis May
- TripAdvisor acquires Vacation Home Rentals
- Snow Phipps buys FeraDyne Outdoors
- Levine Leichtman acquires the material handling products division of FMC Technologies
- ProQuest acquires Pi2
- Vestar completes ISS acquisition
- Genstar Capital to buy Pretium
- Siris Capital acquires Stratus Technologies for $352 million
- Grey Mountain Partners invests in Fleetwood Industries
- Ware Malcomb and Connell Design announce merger
- Flag Capital raises $200 million for energy fund-of-funds
- Niagara Fiber buys Allied Blending and Ingredients
ORIX Mezzanine & Private Equity is a Dallas, Texas based provider of mezzanine and/or non-control private equity capital to middle market companies throughout the United States. OMPE provides flexible capital for buyouts, recapitalizations and refinancings, mergers and acquisitions, and growth/expansion opportunities. Investments are in companies owned by sponsor groups, companies with independent sponsor involvement, and directly with management teams.
In the past two years, ORIX Mezzanine & Private Equity has deployed over $100 million across 10 transactions. OMPE typically targets investments of $5-25 million in junior capital interests, utilizing any combination of subordinated debt, convertible preferred/debt, preferred equity, and common equity. As it is not a traditional fund, OMPE does not have specific timing or exit requirements, and may provide additional capital as successive opportunities materialize.