Happy Labor Day!
Ninety-five percent of companies admit to recruiting the wrong people. How can you avoid their mistakes?
Meanwhile, Harvard Business Review has some words of solace for entrepreneurs dealing with the emotional fallout of a sale: “Accept that this will be a reinvention process.”
- The four biggest concerns at middle market family businesses
- 5 strategy questions every leader should make time for
- Avoid these global marketing mistakes
- Take note of the positive
- We don’t need the best people, we need the best teams
- Potential should trump competence
- Tips to manage the impact of employee absences
- Stop telling Marissa and Zuck how to parent
- Why companies make bad hires
- Choose a CEO for long-term growth
- Grappling with the emotional fallout of a sale
- How working with an independent sponsor is different
- PE plows into new territory with move to agribusiness
- Nobody’s immune — not even Warren Buffet
Middle Market Move of the Week
Providence Equity Partners will merge portfolio company SRU International with the government services unit of CSC. The new company will serve as an IT provider to the U.S. government, with projected 2015 revenues of about $5.5 billion and nearly 19,000 employees. Read the full press release.