The Healthcare Equipment & Services Report examines the Opportunities managed on Axial in 1H 2012. In addition to reviewing this historical data, the report considers real-time data captured on September 5, 2012.
Thanks to Member Dr. Charles Anderson of Exaltare Capital for his commentary in the report.
Here are a few highlights from the report:
- Investors have been focused on innovative companies that reduce the cost of care for patients. This concentration on innovation has spurred Pursuits in Healthcare Technology, which saw nearly a 40% growth in average Pursuits per Opportunity.
- Several industries – particularly Healthcare Distributors, Healthcare Equipment, and Healthcare Supplies – saw larger companies coming to market in Q2 than Q1. The size increase could be a reaction to anticipated margin erosion.
- In response to the ACA and the recovering economy, patient volume is expected to rise. The growth in patients will likely benefit industries tied most intimately to patient numbers, including Healthcare Equipment and Healthcare Services.
- Interest in Managed Healthcare Opportunities diminished from Q1 to Q2. The decrease is likely related to the Supreme Court’s ruling on the ACA. Strategic buyers may find new opportunity in the area.
- The coming election may not be as influential on the healthcare investment landscape as one might believe.