The Middle Market Review Insights on the Middle Market.
M&A Fee Guide 2022-2023
For the second year running, Axial has partnered with Firmex and Divestopedia on the annual M&A Fee Guide: the authoritative source on M&A fees for sell-side engagements in the middle market.
Using data gathered from a survey of mid-market dealmakers – including more than 250 Axial members – the guide highlights key points of interest on M&A fees, shared across geographies and deal sizes. The findings in the M&A Fee Guide are also presented with featured commentary from Alfredo Garcia, Head of Sell-Side at Axial, who helps to break down the data and provide voiceover based on feedback from Axial investment bankers, M&A advisors, and business brokers.
Click here to download the sixth annual M&A Fee Guide.
Key highlights for this year’s report:
- Most firms said they kept their M&A fee levels the same in 2022 as in 2021 for deals of similar size and complexity.
- More than half of the advisors said their revenue from M&A fees will be higher in 2022 than in 2021.
- Most firms said they are about as profitable in 2022 as in 2021. Of the rest, more said profitability increased than said it declined.
- The number of firms that don’t charge a retainer or work fee in addition to a success fee increased to 19%.
- Three-quarters of firms said there was no change in the pressure to cut fees in 2022. Only 12% of firms said the pressure increased.