Good morning, everyone. Hope you had an enjoyable 4th of July weekend.
2014 has been a good year for investment banking fees. In 1H2014, investment bankers collected $47.1 billion in fees, according to recent research from Thomson Reuters and Freeman Consulting. This was the highest level since 2007.
However, the record performance was not equally distributed around the world — Europe saw a 29% growth in fees, while the Americas only saw a 6% bump. The rise was mostly driven by large PE IPOs.
- Insignia Capital Group acquires Truco Enterprises
- Versar acquires J.M. Waller Associates
- Kinderhook buys ThermaCell
- Wynnchurch Capital acquires US Manufacturing Corporation
- H-D Advanced Manufacturing acquires Sungear
- Caraustar to acquire The Newark Group
- The Sterling Group completes acquisition of Roberts-Gordon
- Jackson Healthcare acquires Sullivan Healthcare Consulting
- Intrexon to acquire Trans Ova Genetics
- Brynwood Partners buys Juicy Juice from Nestle
- Atlas Paper Mills acquires Accurate Paper Recycling
- Trilantic Capital Partners completes acquisition of Fluid Delivery Solutions
- Thoratec acquires Apica Cardiovascular
- Tuesday: Axial’s Summer Summit East in NYC
- Thursday: Capitalizing on Intellectual Property Roundtable
- 3 options if you’re looking to sell your business
- A mad scramble for young bankers
- Current trends and risks in the PE industry
- The importance of carried interest for middle-market private equity
- 4 tips for investors to learn more about private equity
- An interview with Prospect Capital’s Grier Eliasek
- Merger activity in Brazil expected to gain steam by year-end
- Do you really want to join Goldman Sachs’ newly merged investment banking team?
- Buyout firms’ fees come under review
- Private equity milks China’s dairy industry
- Law firm M&A to continue in Q2
This week in history… Coca-Cola returns “old” Coke to the market (1985).