- Imperial Capital Fund V closes at $295 million
- HGCC to acquire Serena Software from Silver Lake
- Oaktree Capital floats new mezz fund
- Swander Pace sells Pineridge Bakery
- Quest Diagnostics completes acquisition of Solstas Lab Partners
- Pivotal Payments acquires key assets from Capital Processing Network
- Drilling Tools International acquires Reamco
Regulatory/Legal News: Scott Gluck’s Private Fund Update discusses the President’s proposed FY 2015 SEC and CFTC budgets, ACG’s announcement of its 2014 public policy agenda and Bain & Co.’s report showing $1 trillion in PE dry powder
- Why business loans get rejected
- After a slow six years, will tobacco takeovers catch fire again?
- Where boutique bankers still struggle on the new Wall Street
- Private equity is warming up to mining acquisitions
- JP Morgan is having trouble selling its private equity arm
- Mergers, acquisitions, and restructures: Why they can fail
- Food industry M&A remain steady in 2013, but Retail deals surge
This week in history…The North Securities Company becomes one of the first corporate interests sued under the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890 (1902).