Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, all. It should be a quiet day with the markets closed.
- Electra to buy Hotter Shoes
- IBM closes acquisition of Aspera
- Curtis Bay Medical Waste to acquire Culver Enterprises
- Tuesday: Axial’s Winter Summit East — Sold out!
- AM&AA Winter Conference — look for Axial there
- Entrepreneur Magazine’s Growth Conference 2014 on Wednesday
- Do you know what makes your company distinctive?
- Deutsche Bank warns of challenges ahead in 2014
- Private equity funds are increasingly tailor-made
- Reinvesting record net cash is both an opportunity and a test for PE investors
- You’ll earn 25%-33% more working for a PE fund than a hedge fund
This week in history… Talks begin for Cadbury Schweppes to buy the Dr Pepper/Seven-Up Company for $1.7 billion (1995).