Transactions / Funds:
- Palatine invests in Forrest secondary buyout
- LongueVue Capital invests in Ascent Aviation Services Company
- Highland Capital raises $400M for new fund
- Generational Capital Markets sold JewelPop to Lynx Equity
- MedPlast, Inc. acquires Orthoplastics
- Aratana agrees to acquire Vet Therapeutics, Inc.
- Enhanced Capital provides $10.5M of financing to Carthage Specialty Paperboard and Climax Manufacturing Company
- Thursday: John Stillwaggon hosts a webinar on Trends in Trade Finance
- The Kayo Mid-Atlantic Women’s Private Equity Conference
- Default would be “utterly catastrophic”
- Does private equity love fro-yo?
- Small-cap equity finance market surges in Q3
- Shutdown may stall corporate M&A
- Zombie funds are leaving investors concerned and frustrated
- What it’s like to work for Jeff Bezos
- CapX launches its Energy Conservation and Performance Platform
- Will peer to peer loans replace bank loans to small businesses?
- Private equity is all in the family for these wealthy investors
This week in history… Gulf & Western Industries, Inc. purchases Paramount Pictures Corporation for $125 million (1966).